Since October, the temperature in various regions has continued to fall, especially in some parts of the northern region, which have fallen below zero, and entered the freezing period. Because of the low temperature and brittleness of PPR pipes at low temperatures, it is easy to break the pipe。
So here we listed some the precautions for the use of PPR pipe in winter are as follows:
First, pipe handling:
Strictly regulate the handling, transportation, loading and unloading of products, and there shall be no throwing, falling, rolling or dragging to prevent damage to the products. In particular, it must be handled lightly during the unloading process. After transporting to the construction site, it should be properly kept to prevent the pipe from rubbing against sharp objects. Personnel must not step on the pipe, the above behavior will cause cracks and internal injuries in the inner wall of the pipe, and multiple bursts will occur when the pressure is applied.
PPR pipe has low temperature brittleness below 5 °C, so pay special attention!
New PPR Pipe Production Line, Plastic Pipe Extrusion Line
Second, pipe construction:
- 1.PPR pipe construction operation flow chart
- 2.Precautions for PPR pipe construction:
- 1) The product should be inspected before use. If the abnormality of the pipeline product is found, it should be removed before use.
- 2) According to the design, choose the right pressure pipe cold water pipe:0.6MPa ≤ design pressure ≤ 0.8MPa material selection is S5 column;0.8MPa < design pressure ≤ 1.0MPa The material selection is S4 column.Hot water pipe:The design pressure is ≤0.6MPa and the material is S3.2 series;
0.6MPa < design pressure ≤ 0.8MPa material selection is S2.5 column;
0.8MPa<P design pressure ≤1.0MPa The material selection is S2 column.
3) The true PPR has poor impact resistance under low temperature conditions (below 5 °C), and it is easy to generate stress concentration or crack under the action of external force. Therefore, collision, throwing and mechanical compression should be avoided in pipe construction. At present, PP-R pipes, which are known to have good toughness and are not bad at the market, are obtained by blending auxiliary materials or impersonating with other materials at the expense of heat resistance and long-term creep, and do not meet the national standards for high-temperature water pipelines. The requirements for raw materials are not really PP-R.
4)The 4PPR pipe and the piece are inserted into the heating mold, and the pipe and the pipe are heated and the insertion process is not allowed to rotate. Especially in low temperature environments, it should be avoided.
5)Pay attention to controlling the heat absorption of the pipe and the pipe to prevent temperature difference.
6)Pay attention to controlling the heating time so that the pipe fittings are enough to absorb heat to reach the optimum melting point (260±10 °C).
7) The plugging time should be fast enough to prevent temperature differences or to reach the optimum melting point.
8) The joints that have just been connected can be corrected during the processing time, but rotation is prohibited.
Post time: Dec-20-2018